One On One with Diann Valentine Part 2 - Her Future is Bright!!!


As I perused my post on the incomparable Diann Valentine, I had to take a second look. Not because I was so impressed with my work but it was the words of the Interviewee that had me hanging off her every word.


More Diann Valentine words after the jump






The thing that impressed me the most was how this successful businesswoman never one time shined the light on herself nor who she knows. In a season where many people are deemed successful via the crowd they run with, I have to say that Diann has a solid foundation that keeps her focused.


Check out part two of our One on One with this Positive mover and shaker and see if you agree that she is poised for more successful moments.


You can often be found on the social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, how important is your fan base?
Connecting with people and sharing my creative vision is what I love. I am not sure if I have a fan base but I love love. The digital media world allows me to connect with lovers of creativity in a pure and intimate way without having a worldwide platform. For years it has been my beliefs that love looks different to every woman in love but the industry often shoves the same traditions down everyone’s throat and that can be a bit annoying.


My desire is to give women permission to express themselves in a way that is truly a reflection of them that is not a standard or trend set by others. Interacting with people daily thru the social networks allows me to have a voice daily and to share my perspective as well as hopefully encourage them to embrace their own voices.




You have a new show premiering on WE TV, tell our readers more about it.
The show is still in the developmental stages but the overall concept is that it will be a show that grants wedding “Do Overs” for couples that experienced some sort of disastrous experiences during the first ceremony.


It is scheduled to premiere in the summer of 2011 and I am excited about it because it is a do over concept. I myself have never been a traditionalist and I know that women get sucked into various wedding traditions that are not a representation of their true selves. Since this will be a second wedding for the women to the same man, I will encourage my brides to forgo many of the traditions that they held on to from the first ceremony.


It is my hope that this show will demonstrate what I know to be true: Love looks different to every woman in love. I think the wedding industry should do a better job encouraging women to embrace their own individual styles.




Lola

A little birdie shared with us that you have a line of gift cards as well as textiles coming out, what sets your brand apart from the others?
I currently have a line of wedding invitations and stationary available though an exclusive deal with www.weddingpaperdivas.com/diannvalentine. I am also in the process of releasing a line of textiles for the interior design industry thru an exclusive relationship with http://www.wildflowerlinens.com/


I have always embraced strong vibrant colors via my work and I believe that has become a signature characteristic of my brand. I am a lover of LOVE and love is vibrant, happy and exuberant. My brand represents that, from the design projects that I do as well as “Lola” my alter ego who lives on via my website.








What would be the legacy you would want to leave on the world?
Love makes the world go around and my destiny and ministry is to spread love throughout the world. It just so happens that I chose the business of love or should I say that is chose me. I truly believe that my destiny was determined when I was conceived. It is up to me to listen for God's direction so that I can use the gifts he has given me to fulfill my destiny.


If everyone would commit to sharing a little love every day, the world will be a better place and I know that God is gifting me a platform to reach the world. I also will leave a legacy that showcases how someone changed the wedding industry one woman at a time who believes as I do – “Everyday is reason enough to be fabulous".




It is clear that Diann Valetine has experienced the highs and lows of a lucrative career that has garnered much fanfare. From the high budget weddings and receptions, television apperances and book tours, this woman of faith has managed to carve out a niche for herself.


Here at Legends Icons and Role Models, we salute her and publically hail her the "Queen of Love" and can't wait to see what paths she creates in the near future.


http://www.diannvalentine.com/
www.twitter.com/diannvalentine
www.facebook.com/diannvalentine

1 comment

Unknown said...

Diann is such a wonderful spirit and this interview really displays this to the reader. Great Job!!

Powered by Blogger.